If you are planning to hike Quandary Peak whether as your first fourteener or not, this straight to the point guide and tips will help you with a comprehensive information so you can successfully summit it.
Range: Tenmile Range
Nearest Town: Breckenridge
Route: East Ridge - Standard Route
Elevation Gain: 3,450' Distance: 6.75 miles Difficulty: CLASS 1
Trailhead: Quandary Peak Trailhead - Effective July 30, 2021 - you need to reserve parking or take the free shuttle. You can find more detailed information here.
There are other routes to the summit, some of which are for winter. You can find the other routes here.
1. Grab your parking permit or plan your shuttle ride.
2. Know your route and carry a map with you - digital or paper. While this trail is popular and easy to follow, it's best to be prepared with your navigation and not to rely on asking people you met on the trail.
3. Start Early - it gets crowded, as this is a popular CLASS 1 fourteener, easily accessible from I-70 and tourist towns like Breckenridge and Frisco.
4. Carry the 14er hiking essentials with you.
5. Keep an eye on the weather.
6. Never underestimate every 14er whether its CLASS 1 or not.
7. Be prepared physically and mentally.
8. Be safe and have fun.
Do you have any tips you would like to add here so others can benefit? Be sure to leave it.